Thursday, March 1, 2012

By Way of Introduction

Here we go...

I recently began lurking and then even following several awesome blogs. Mostly blogs written by other trauma moms, and I want to join the fun! (picture pout and light foot stomp) I feel like the new kid on the playground watching others play, wanting to join in but not sure what the rules are. So please bear with me as I learn the ropes, it might be rough. Do I bring anything to the party? (to mix metaphors)...
We’ll see. By way of introduction….
Today is my 46th birthday and I find myself surrounded by an amazing cast of characters. An awesome husband, four beautiful, challenging children, a rescued dog, horse, bird and 3 feral barn cats. Actually, most of the list might be considered feral.I will be working on writing up bios of the players as I go. Basically, all are adopted (or in the process) from social services, Our life looks about average for what you’d expect if you were really into hanging out with lots of seriously traumatized and otherwise impacted people!
In other words, I find myself wishing I had the timeliness and imagination to have come up withThe Best Blog Name Ever, I So Cannot Make This Sh!t Up. Love. Love. Love It. I have not had the pleasure of meeting the author yet but I am in awe of that name! It is my life. Thank you for the belly laugh.
Anyway, I have felt tremendously blessed and often healed by reading the musings of others walking a similar path. I would love to be able to provide a bit of that in someone else’s life.
What I really want to try to figure out is….in writing about our personal trials, triumphs and toe jam, how do I really make it about all of us? About you?

Because connection is what it’s all about, right?





No comments:

Post a Comment