Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Your Children Want YOU

I just read this great article on The Power of Moms website. It made me cry. In a good way.

Although motherhood is a bit more complicated in many adoption situations, this article is a great reminder for all of us in this too technical, information overload era.


It is beautiful and a necessary boost to our mom-egos.



Our kids often tell us and show us they don't want us. We know they long for another with much of their hearts. We probably fail more often than other moms. What we're trying to do is so complicated. And, really, how often do we give ourselves grace for our failures?

More often we board the "Bad Mommy" bus and tell ourselves we could be the driver!

...And look what other moms do! (she wailed while looking at Pinterest!)

We (or I) want to not just be a 'good enough mother' but a darned near perfect one. I don't know about you, but the more perfect I try to be, the worse I get!

Anyway, take a look. It's pretty encouraging.






No comments:

Post a Comment